DooRs: Pinto Art Museum, a Great Home of Art Relics and Artifacts

DooRs: Pinto Art Museum, a Great Home of Art Relics and Artifacts



     
      I've been planning to visit Antipolo City before, but the time was not fit for the adventure then.  But in May this year, I won gift certificates from an online contest that gave me the opportunity and the "need" to visit the bakasyunan city of yesteryears.

        From Angeles City, I rode a bus and a jeepney to reach Antipolo City in the province of Rizal.  A bus left Angeles City and dropped me in Cubao Metro Manila.  From the drop off point, I had to walk towards Farmer's Market and rode a jeepney.  The trip was quite long.  It was a two hour ride on the bus, and another 2 hour jeepney ride from Cubao.  The long travel time from the jeep is mainly caused by the Metro "traffic" in Manila going to Antipolo.  Finally, I reached Antipolo at 10:00 in the morning of a Saturday.  Lucky is what I am because a good samaritan offered me a ride to get to Bosay Resort, the GC sponsor.  The kuya wore all black from his jacket down to his shoes.  Thank you again to kuya if he ever reads this post.


       I left my baggage at the resort's office given that my stay will only start at 5:00 in the afternoon.  Therefore, as suggested by my friend who hails from this city,  I went to Pinto Art Museum.  A tourist destination that is not quite far but has a quite pricey transportation cost just to reach the place.  So if you plan to tour around Antipolo City, please do bring extra budget for your transpo expenses as the tricycles here will charge visitors more than what is required by the local city government.













        The Pinto Art Museum is located inside a gated subdivision.  The entrance is very miniscule in comparison to the museums total land area of responsibility.  When you enter the small entrance, you are required to pay the entrance fee of 200.00 per head as of this date of posting.  Not too small for the budget traveller. hehe.  But since it was THE only place that I have planned to visit in Antipolo, I nevertheless paid the fee and enjoyed the best ever Art Museum experience I had in my life.  The National Museum is the other museum that I have so far visited since 2010.  I have yet to visit the place again given that it's almost a decade since the first and only last time. 









          Pinto Art Museum is a grand exhibition of all kinds of Artistic Works in the Philippines.  It showcases living Art legends and not so living ones too.  But what makes the Museum memorable, is the landscape and the series of interconnected buildings and structures that houses the great works of art.  Aside from these, Pinto Art Museum is a big garden to explore, although not into a full blown garden with different flora species, but a very good presentation of garden landscaping as an art form of its own.  























         The buildings and structure of Pinto also showcases Architecture as an art form too.  From the external design of the houses and building, down to the internal execution of structures and design including the furnitures and fixtures, the Museum truly maintains and greatly emphasizes its essence as an Art Museum wherein you will discover that there is Art in every step that you take inside its perimeter.  The best and most memorable works of Art that I encountered in the Museum are the metal sculpture of a pregnant woman,  the collage of paintings on canvass in the first gallery, the paintings with bubble-wrap overlay design, the stone structures scattered around the garden and definitely, the Rollete Artwork by Leonard Aguinaldo that is made from rubber, the orangy rubber that we use in rubber stamping.  So if you intend to visit the museum, don't forget to look for the Rollete and try your luck.   I got "Kuripot"...that is stingy in the english language. haha!  But still, people say that artworks displayed in the Museum are rotational.  They don't stay forever  in their places in the museum.  The artworks are changed after a period or two.  Nevertheless, you will definitely find and see interesting artworks at Pinto Art Museum.


Untitled artwork made in Rubbercut material by Leonard Aguinaldo










         Early in the morning of Sunday, the next day, I woke up to leave Antipolo City.  I went to Binondo Manila to visit my nephew and niece.  Luckily, my brother was there to allow me to see them and play with the kids.  Linus and Lilo are the best pamangkins in the world.....that is because they are the only ones I have. yeehah! 



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home